We are COVID V.O.I.C.E.S. (Vehicles of Innovative Change and Equitable Solutions) and (Vehicles of Innovative Change and Effective Strategies)! We are using innovative solutions and strategies to enhance, expand and strengthen our statewide, grassroots, community-based partnerships to prevent, prepare, and respond to COVID-19, Influenza, and other health disparities. Our project focuses on mobilizing existing community outreach to collaborate, partner, and coordinate with public and mental health, emergency management, and stakeholders to address urgent health and social outcomes for vulnerable, low income, marginalized communities, and/or communities of color, allowing us to quickly and effectively respond to their immediate needs.
The purpose of our project is to address the significant health disparities and long evaded medical injustices that continue to contribute to poor health outcomes and inequitable access to care in marginalized communities.
The mission of COVID V.O.I.C.E.S. is to address vaccination inequity and access, increase vaccination opportunities, and equip influential voices in unvaccinated and under vaccinated communities by providing educational forums and vaccination clinics in collaboration with local community and statewide partners in South Carolina.
We are funded by the Community Catalyst Program, The US Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families and the Office of Community Services; Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) CARES Act Rapid-Cycle Impact Project to address these inequities by:
● Equipping community members and leaders to be the voice of change in target communities,
● Increasing vaccination equity and access for target communities, and
● Enhancing provider partnerships to increase information, raise awareness, and provide historical context to promote culturally competent care.
1. Community Ambassador Program
a. The purpose of the program is to equip community members and leaders to be the voice of change in target communities by training them about COVID-19 education, prevention, and vaccination advocacy.
b. The training is offered in-person and virtually. The length of the training is 1.5 hours.
c. The training is offered by Dr. Jeremy Rossman, Dr. Anthony Thompson, and Tiffany James.
d. Upon the student’s successful completion of the training, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion and be equipped with the knowledge to speak intelligently about COVID-19 and vaccine advocacy.
e. Download a copy of the SCACAP Ambassador Community Digital Toolkit here.
f. Sign Up for Next Training Form
i. Name, County, Zip Code, College (if Student)
ii. Select Training Date
2. Hosting COVID-19 Vaccination/Influenza Vaccination Clinics and Mobile Vaccination Clinics across the state in partnership with SC DHEC and local pharmacies across the state of South Carolina
3. Distributing Free Information about COVID-19/Influenza
4. COVID-19 Wednesday Webinar with Dr. Jeremy Rossman (Held every 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of the month via Zoom)
a. It is a forum to receive the most current information and receive answers to your questions about COVID-19 and vaccinations from a Virologist, Epidemiologist, Researcher, and/or Health Professional.