We are COVID V.O.I.C.E.S. (Vehicles of Innovative Change and Equitable Solutions) and (Vehicles of Innovative Change and Effective Strategies)! We are using innovative solutions and strategies to enhance, expand and strengthen our statewide, grassroots, community-based partnerships to prevent, prepare, and respond to COVID-19, Influenza, and other health disparities. Our project focuses on mobilizing existing community outreach to collaborate, partner, and coordinate with public and mental health, emergency management, and stakeholders to address urgent health and social outcomes for vulnerable, low income, marginalized communities, and/or communities of color, allowing us to quickly and effectively respond to their immediate needs.
The purpose of our project is to address the significant health disparities and long evaded medical injustices that continue to contribute to poor health outcomes and inequitable access to care in marginalized communities.
The mission of COVID V.O.I.C.E.S. is to address vaccination inequity and access, increase vaccination opportunities, and equip influential voices in unvaccinated and under vaccinated communities by providing educational forums and vaccination clinics in collaboration with local community and statewide partners in South Carolina.
We are funded by the Community Catalyst Program, The US Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families and the Office of Community Services; Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) CARES Act Rapid-Cycle Impact Project to address these inequities by:
1. Community Ambassador Program
• United Way South Carolina 211: https://sc211.org/
• U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
• World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
• South Carolina Research Authority: https://www.scra.org/scra-and-covid-19/covid-19_sc-resources/
• ResearchAid: https://researchaidnetworks.org/covid19/
• Young Invincibles: https://younginvincibles.org/young-adult-perspectives-on-the-covid-19-vaccine/
• South Carolina Department of Mental Health: https://scdmh.net/welcome/covid-19-resources/
• South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control: https://scdhec.gov/covid19/resources-community-covid-19
• SC Rural Health: https://scorh.net/coronavirus-resources/
• SC Housing (SC Stay Plus): https://schousing.com/home/sc-stay
• SC Housing (Mortgage COVID Relief): https://www.schousing.com/home/COVID-19-Forbearance
• SC Department of Health and Human Services: https://msp.scdhhs.gov/covid
• SC Black Voters Matter Fund: https://blackvotersmatterfund.org/covid-19-resources/
• This Is Our Shot: https://thisisourshot.info
• WHO COVID-19 Resources: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
• DHEC Resources for Your Home and Community: https://scdhec.gov/covid19
• CDC COVID Science and Research: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
• Vaccine Equity Cooperative: https://vaccineequitycooperative.org